About PC Ocular
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic” – Sir Arthur C. Clarke
“Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced” – Gehm’s corollary
We all know the importance technology holds in our daily lives; these days, being tech savvy is no longer an option but a necessity. Understanding technology can be overwhelming for people with a non-technical background, PC Ocular was created to overcome this problem.
PC Ocular is an online magazine dedicated to educating people regarding technology in simple language. We break down complex information and simplify it for you.
PC Ocular helps technology enthusiasts learn how the latest innovations in the industry shape our lives and change the world. We use the latest releases in the IT industry and our own experiences to share knowledge on essential topics for absolutely free!
You can expect articles related, but not limited to:
- Computer Science
- Tech News
- Technical Tips and Tricks
- Software Development
- Programming Languages
We aim to change the way people think about and use technology by sharing the best content in the industry. PC Ocular aspires to help make more productive and innovative developers in the world.
Learning can be hard sometimes, so do not forget: Per aspera ad astra (Through hardships to the stars)
About the Editor-in-Chief
Dr. Benkő Attila is a Hungarian senior software developer, independent researcher and author of many computer science related papers of international journals with impact factors and also author of several science-fiction stories. His research area is: artificial intelligence, optimization, algorithms, evolutionary learning, virtual reality and embedded software.
He was born in 1983, graduated PhD in Informatics from the Doctoral School of Information Science and Technology at Pannon University, Veszprém in 2015., when he became a computer scientist.
Attila has 6 proven and published theorems in the field of mathematical optimization related to computer science.
Attila has attended national and international conferences and workshops as a scientific lecturer like JASZN in Veszprém (2006), GEO and RCEAS in Budapest (2007), KTD in Veszprém (2008), IARC in Wien (2008), ICCHP in Linz (2008), JASZN in Veszprém (2009), OTKD in Debrecen (2009), BIC-TA in ChangSha China (2010), PTN in Veszprém (2011) and VOCAL in Veszprém (2014) and many more.
He was working at multinational tech-companies as a software tester as well as a software developer and also as a researcher.
He was working on project 2007.ASO-N/4/5. Austrian Science and Research: Künstliche Intelligenz eines Therapieraumes für Gruppentherapie für AphasikerInnen, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften – ÖAW, Wien. Attila also worked on project TAMOP-4.2.2/B-10/1-2010-0025, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest. Also has been involved in Project HITACHI Rail Europe high-speed train: Intercity Express Programme (IEP), UK.
He was also part of the research group in Hungary working on a European Union scientific research project: 2017-1.3.1-VKE-2017-00035 NKFI: “Maximális térkitöltésű, additív, robotizált gyártási technológia kutatás fejlesztése” (Cooperation task-force of TCT Company, Szent István University and ELTE University).
He also attended online coding challenges and submissions of coding and problem solving tasks (e.g. at HackerRank).
Attila is also an active member of the Oblivion disaster protection group (Sümeg, Kisfaludy Sándor High School) where he regularly made educational presentations about Operating Systems, Quantum Computers and such.
He was working on codes that are highly safety-critical: brake controls of intercity trains and intelligent building automation PLC control systems and also for calculating tool path of CNC machines and programming mobile industry robotic (MIR) platforms. Recently: electric car inverter base software and industry digital twin software.
At Pannon University (in Veszprém campus and also in Nagykanizsa campus) Attila has been involved in teaching Mathematical Analysis, Virtual Reality and its Applications, Artificial Intelligence, Programming, Mathematical Software Packages and Integrated Enterprise Resource Planning Softwares.
He speaks Hungarian, English, German and also Japanese.
According to actual Google Scholar data (2021-04-30, https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=txyI5aAAAAAJ) already has 64 Google-crawled citations from other scholars in the computer science field.
Scientific publications of Attila:
- Yan Lan, György Dósa, Xin Han, Chenyang Zhou and Attila Benko: “2D Knapsack: Packing Squares”, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030439751200744X Theoretical Computer Science, 508 (2013), Pages 35-40. Impact factor: 0.489.
- Attila Benko, György Dósa and Zsolt Tuza: “Bin Covering with a general profit function: approximability results”, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10100-012-0269-0 Central European Journal of Operations Research, Vol 21, Issue 4 (2013), Pages 805-816. Impact factor: 0.484.
- Yuxin Wang, Attila Benko, Xin Chen, György Dósa, He Guo, Xin Han and Cecilia Sik-Lányi: “Online scheduling with one rearrangement at the end: revisited”,
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002001901200138X Information Processing Letters, Vol 112, Issue 16 (2012), Pages 641-645. Impact factor: 0.612.
- Xin Chen, Yan Lan, Attila Benko, György Dósa and Xin Han: “Optimal algorithms for online scheduling with bounded rearrangement at the end”, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304397511006244 Theoretical Computer Science 412 (2011), Pages 6269-6278. Impact factor: 0.838.
- Min Chen, György Dósa, Xin Han, Chenyang Zhou and Attila Benko: “2D Knapsack: Packing Squares”, https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-21204-8_21 FAW-AAIM 2011 Conference, LNCS 6681, Pages 176-184.
- György Dósa, Attila Benko and Xin Han: “Reassignment models on two related machines”, http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/~mapsp/program.html Proc. Conf. MAPSP
2011, 10th Workshop on Models and Algorithms for Planning and Scheduling Problems, Nymburk, Chech Republic, 2011 July 19-24, Institute for Theoretical Computer Science, Charles University (2011), Pages 256-258.
- Attila Benko, György Dósa and Zsolt Tuza: “Bin Packing/Covering with Delivery, Solved with the Evolution of Algorithms”, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5645312/?reload=true Proceedings 2010 IEEE 5th International Conference on BioInspired Computing: Theories and Applications, BIC-TA 2010, art. no. 5645312, Pages 298-302.
- Attila Benko and Cecilia Sik-Lányi: “History of Artificial Intelligence”, https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/historyartificial-intelligence/13814 Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 2nd Edition, IGI Global (2008), pp. 1759-1762.
- Attila Benko and Cecilia Sik-Lányi, Jacqueline Stark: “Interacting via a Virtual Language Therapy Room”, IARC 2008, pp. 19-22.
- Attila Benko and Cecilia Sik-Lányi: “Developing Intelligent Emotional Agent”, http://mazsola.iit.unimiskolc.hu/rceas/data/RCEAS_FINAL_PROGRAM.pdf RCEAS
2007, pp. 75-80.
- Attila Benko and Cecilia Sik-Lányi, Jacqueline Stark: “Virtuális terápiaszoba afáziás betegeknek”, IV. GEO 2007, pp. 179-181.
- Attila Benko: “Mesterséges Intelligencia felhasználása csoportos és egyéni virtuális terápia alkalmazásához”, IV. JASZN 2007, pp. 58.
Literature publications of Attila:
- A gyűrűváros titka, (Nuuvella) 2021.
- Alien Contact: Science-fiction Adventure, (Amazon Kindle) 2019.
- The Stars in the Steel Box, (Publio Kiadó) 2018.
- Human, (Lulu) 2017.
- Elementary Mathematics Workbook from Grade 1 to Grade 4, Basic Math Exercises for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division with Rules, Examples and Solutions, (Publio Kiadó) 2016.
- A Graviton Küldetés, Tudományos-fantasztikus kisregény, (Publio Kiadó) 2015.
- Csabrendek Hangjai, Verses Antológia, (Markó és Molnár) 2005.
- Ámortól Pszichénkig, Antológia, (Alterra Svájci-Magyar Könyvkiadó) 2003.
- Múzsák Tükre, Antológia, (Alterra Svájci-Magyar Könyvkiadó) 2002.
- Csonka Mennyország, Antológia, (Alterra Svájci-Magyar Könyvkiadó) 2001.
- Antológia 2000., Milleniumi kiadás, (Alterra Svájci- Magyar Könyvkiadó) 2000.
He is also a youtuber:
Attila is also the Editor-in-Chief of PC Ocular blog site.